You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
HOW TO BE SAVED
· There are so many “How To Be Saved” doctrines according to church doctrine. How can we Know that we are Really Saved? Let God’s Word, His Eternal Truth, speak to us in the context of the whole Bible.
[Acknowledgement to the person who published this image]
© COPYRIGHT NOW UNBANNED PUBLICATIONS
NONE OF THESE BOOKS AND ARTICLES ARE FOR SALE, YET THE CONTENT AND CONTEXT MUST NOT BE ALTERED, SOLD OR USED IN MATERIAL THAT IS SOLD, CLAIMED OR PREACHED AS PERSONAL PROPERTY AND REVELATION, OR MISUSED IN ANY WAY.
IF YOU FIND MY BOOKS FOR SALE, PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE FRAUDULENTLY SOLD BY PEOPLE WHO EXPLOIT MY WORK FOR PERSONAL GAIN
Thomas asked in John 14:5-11, “Lord… how can we know te way?” Jesus answered, “I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through Me...” In the context of this passage Jesus was saying that knowing the Father, (or having a relationship with the Father through Him,) is The Only Way to heaven. Practically this means, we must believe in, accept, and follow Jesus Himself through the true teachings of His Word. Jesus Is The Way and The Word of God, (John 1:1-14.)
So, what happened to humanity that they lost this relationship with God, and therefore, so desperately attempt to be saved, redeemed, or blessed by their own efforts and through their church membership - while Jesus mentioned nothing about all that?
► It all began in the garden in Eden, when God created humanity, like His entire creation, perfectly sinless and very good. God Who is Spirit, created both male and female humanity in His Own Image as three-part beings, with (a) supernatural/unseen human spirits or ‘hearts,’ (b) ‘souls’ or minds with a free will, intellect, and emotions, (c) who live in human bodies, (1 Thessalonians 5:23.) God then fully blessed “them,” [both male and female, Genesis 1:27-28,] and gave them both the responsibility to reign, (not sinfully rule,) as spiritual kings (or managers and custodians) over His creation. So, before the fall, being sinless and spiritually alive, humanity had a perfect relationship with God The Spirit, and could hear His voice clearly in the Garden, (John 4:21-24.)
· God gave humanity only two commandments to obey. The first responsibility of both male and female was (and still is) to Tend (look after,) and Keep (protect) the Garden. In the New Testament Covenant, “the garden” translates into everything that pertains to our lives, as we still have the responsibility to look after and protect everything and everyone God had entrusted to us, (2 Corinthians 5:5-10.) Secondly, God commanded them, “... There is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil planted in the Garden, of which you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die,” (1 Genesis 2:17.) This commandment was another serious warning, as “eating with someone” is symbolical of interacting with that person. And the Scriptures warn repeatedly that “bad company corrupts good morals,” (1 Corinthians 5:11; 15:33.)
When Satan ‘interacted’ with humanity in the garden and deceived them to disobey God and eat of the forbidden fruit, they did indeed “die.” Sin is not ‘just’ disobedience to God’s Moral Law such as stealing and lying, which are symptoms of spiritual death, (Romans 6:23.) Spiritual death is a place outside the presence of God. Therefore, sin is a position of lostness and cursedness without God. So, humanity fell out of God’s Kingdom of Light into utter spiritual darkness, (1 Peter 2:9-10.) However, they did not fall down dead physically. Adam and Eve still lived consciously and physically. But without a relationship with God, their souls or minds became corrupted. After that, the corruption of the mind of man deteriorated to the perverted state we see today.
· As God is Spirit and their human spirits fell into spiritual death inside them, (John 4:21-24,) humanity’s relationship with God was broken, (Genesis 3:9-24.) Cut off from God in a state of darkness and cursedness, they could not enter into His Holy Presence or speak to Him. As a result, they hid from Him to try and do their sinful deeds in underhanded darkness, although they knew that the Ever-present Creator God knows and sees everything, (Genesis 3:9-10.)
Henceforward, humanity had to live only by their fallen souls or minds: their will, intellect, and emotions. Ephesians 4:18 & 19 explain this spiritually dead position without God by saying, “Their understanding [of God] was darkened. They were alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them; because of the blindness of their hearts [or human spirits.] Being past feeling [or human conscience,] they gave themselves over to vulgarity to work all uncleanness with greediness.”
· From there, this state of spiritual death spread to all people, (Romans 5:12.) By ‘default,’ everyone is born spiritually into that position of spiritual darkness. Hence, Romans 3:9-18 state that all of humanity “are under sin.” There is none righteous… [or in a right standing with God.] No, not one...” 1 John 5:19 explains, “...The whole world [without God] lies under the sway [or deception] of the wicked one.”
· What’s more, that day in the Garden, God cursed the ground to bring forth thorns and thistles, which means that humanity’s blessed, easy life on earth would become very difficult. The whole of creation, spiritually dead humanity as well, came under the futility of this curse. As cursedness is centered on a spiritual position outside God’s Presence, every person who lived since the fall in Eden, even the superrich and those that seem happy and healthy, also live in that state of CURSEDNESS without Him, (Galatians 3:10-14.)
· The only exception to this inherited spiritual death, sin, and cursedness was and still is the completely sinless man Jesus Christ, Who is God Himself ‘in the flesh,’ (1 Corinthians 15:45-49.)
· On both the spiritual and soulical (mind) levels, humanity’s once perfect interrelationships were also broken. Hatred, blame-shifting, lies, manipulation, and treason infected them at the moment they disobeyed God, (Genesis 3:12-13.) As a result, physical death, pain, sickness, sorrow, and terrible troubles came with this curse, (Genesis 3:15-19.)
· But most devastatingly, the Most High and Holy God evicted them from the Garden. This means, He did not speak to them anymore, but sent them away from His Holy Presence to live their sinful lives on their own, (Genesis 3:24.)
But because God, Who is Spirit, SO loved all of humanity, (John 3:16-18,) He wanted fallen humanity to regain the sinless spiritual position and perfect relationship with Him that they forfeited in the garden in Eden, (Hebrews 1:1-3.) Yet, He did not want humanity to worship Him in an outward religious structure like the old Israeli temple, which was governed by outward religious rituals, ceremonies, or sacraments as we see during the Old Testament covenant, (Acts 7:44-50.) Jesus confirmed this when He said to Nicodemus and the woman at the well in John 3:3-5 and 4:21-24, “Unless one is [spiritually] born again from water, [the truth of the Word: 1 Peter 1:23,] and [the Holy] Spirit, he cannot see, [understand,] or enter the Kingdom of God… [After the cross and Pentecost: Matthew 19:28-30, Acts Chapter 2,] you will worship neither on this mountain, [this denomination or religion,] nor in Jerusalem, [some so-called ‘holy place’ or ‘holy land,’] but true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, [or in a perfect relationship with Him through Me, as Jesus explained in John 14:5-11.] God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in [their born again] spirits and in the truth [of My Word.]”
· To achieve the spiritual rebirth of humanity and thus to reconcile to Himself not only true believers from the Hebrew nation, but all of believing humanity, God gave His only begotten Son Jesus, the Lamb of God, to fulfill all the requirements of the Law in our place, (John 19:28-30; 1:12-14!) This final Sacrifice of God Himself in the human body of Jesus, (John 14:5-11,) fulfilled all the many precepts of the Old Testament Law in our place, once and for all, (Galatians 5:1-15.)
· Only our personal, sincere acceptance of Jesus Himself and His full atonement in our place, can transfer His sinless righteousness to us, so we can once again, just like Adam and Eve did before the fall, live spiritually in His complete redemption, (or freedom,) salvation, and blessing, ( Gal. 2:9-10! Galatians 3:10-14; John 3:16-18.)
►►► This great miracle became a reality at the beginning of God’s New Testament Covenant with all believing people worldwide because, as sin entered the world through one disobedient man, (the first Adam,) so eternal spiritual life, (and redemption, salvation, and blessedness,) are freely available to humanity through the total obedience of the Second Adam, (the Lord Jesus the Christ,) [Romans 5:14-21!] Jesus fulfilled the entire Law in our place so we can be spiritually born again as innocents to enter into God’s holy presence. Jesus Himself and His full atonement for us, (The Only Truth and Life,) is the Only Way to regain our spiritual position in Him, our acceptable worship of Him, and our full relationship with Him, (Romans 5:12-15.)
JESUS DID EVERYTHING IN OUR PLACE BUT THIS IS WHAT WE MUST DO TO RECEIVE IT
Doing ‘good works’ while thinking we are ‘good’ or not ‘all bad,’ can never redeem us from darkness, save, or bless us. Galatians 3:10-14 state, “For as many as are of [any of the] works of the [Old Testament] law [remain] under the [entire state of] the curse, [Deuteronomy chapter 28.] For… Christ has redeemed, [already set all true believers completely free,] from the [entire] curse of the law, having [endured the entire] curse for us… that the [complete position of blessedness] of [Old] Abraham might come upon [all sincere believers from all the nations of the world, Jews included,] that we might receive the promise of the [indwelling Holy] Spirit through faith,” (1 Peter 2:8-10; John 3:16.)
This is so because humanity died spiritually in the garden through disobedience to God. Thus, Jesus commanded that fallen humanity must become obedient to live spiritually again. We all have to choose to believe in Jesus and wholeheartedly accept Him into our spirits, souls (minds) bodies, and lives, to be spiritually “born again.” This is the only way we can regain the position or spiritual place of redemption, salvation, and blessedness that Adam forfeited in Eden, (John 1:12-14; 3:3-5.)
· At the moment of our sincere faith in and personal acceptance of Christ, (which is the spiritual rebirth of true believers,) God Himself takes us completely “out of” spiritual death; (that place or position of darkness, lostness, and cursedness without Him;) to be spiritually born again “into” His eternal Kingdom of Redemption, Salvation, and Blessedness in Christ. Colossians 1:13-14 reads; “We were delivered, [fully set free or saved at the moment we accepted Jesus,] from the [deceptive] power of darkness and conveyed [or wholly brought into] the [spiritual] Kingdom of God’s Son; in Whom we have, [present tense,] redemption, [total deliverance from sin and all its repercussions,] through His blood, which is the forgiveness of [all our] sins,” (Ephesians 1:7; 12-14.)
· When we wholeheartedly surrender ourselves to God and accept Jesus as our Lord, Redeemer, and Savior, (and not at a ‘later stage,’) Jesus Himself baptizes us with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:11 KJV.) This means, the ever-present, resurrected Christ Jesus Himself places His constantly indwelling Holy Spirit inside our blood-cleansed spirits, souls or minds, and physical bodies, (Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 1 John 2:20 KJV.) So, at our rebirth, we instantly become a spiritual temple of the Holy Spirit and a member of Jesus’ spiritual body of believers, (1 Corinthians 12:12-14.) These incredible miracles have nothing to do with joining a church. This is strictly between the believer and God Himself.
· After that, believers must personally occupy this “complete,” spiritual, born again position in Christ, (Colossians 2:9-10 KJV,) through a constant, growing relationship with our Father in heaven. One of the most important steps to this is the “renewal of our minds,” (our thoughts and beliefs,) by continually growing in the understanding of God’s will for us in every situation. And we can only find His perfect will for us in the contextual Truth of His entire Word, the Bible, (Romans 12:1-2; Jude 1:20.) There is no other way to be redeemed, saved, or blessed. Hence, acquiring and maintaining our new life in Christ and everything that pertains to it, is our personal responsibility, (John 14:6; Matthew 7:7; 2 Peter 3:18 KJV.)
Dear reader, in the light of all of the above, if you are willing to surrender yourself completely to the Lord Jesus Christ, here follows a prayer to guide you to the One and Only God of the universe, the Almighty Creator of heaven, earth, the sea, and everything that is in it, (John 14:6.)
“Holy Father in heaven, I sincerely come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. I confess that I am a sinner in need of the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ Who physically died on the cross and rose bodily from the grave, (Luke 24:39.) I now, by understanding Your Gospel of complete redemption, salvation, and blessedness, choose Jesus Christ as my personal God, Lord, and Savior. I invite and accept You, Lord Jesus Christ, The Truth of Bible Scripture, into my heart, (which is my own human spirit,) my soul, (which is my mind, will, intellect, and emotions,) my body, and my entire life, (Jn. 1:12-14; 14:6; 1 Ths. 5:23.)
Holy Father, please forgive me all my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness through the blood-atonement of Jesus in my place, (1 Jn. 1:8-9; Col. 1:13-14.) [We must sincerely and by name confess all our own immoral sins such as stealing, lying, fornication, etcetera, and ask God to reveal to us even our forgotten sins, which we must also confess and then repent from.]
· Heavenly Father, I also choose to forgive all those who have sinned against me. [We may call them by name and the abuse they exerted on us.] I ask You to help me to make right with those whom I have abused, and to sincerely set those who abused me free into Your Almighty, Righteous hand, as I cannot do this by myself. [We must always practically obey James 5:16; Matthew 5:21-26, and Matthew 18:15-20 as far as possible.]
I completely surrender and submit myself spirit, soul, body, and my whole life to You Alone. From now on, You, my Eternal Heavenly Father, will be my only God, Redeemer, Savior, Blessor, Apostle, High Priest, and the Author and Finisher of my faith through Jesus Christ, my Eternal Mediator, High Priest, King, and Advocate, (1 John 2:1-6.) Thank You that Your Holy Spirit now lives in me, (John 1:12-13; 3:3-5; Gal. 4:6-7.) Please Father, always be my Only Guide, Strength, Teacher, Provider, Defender, Healer, and Comforter, (Hebrews 1:1-14.) By Your grace I choose to live in Your strength, and to obey all the precepts of Your Moral Law that is written on my heart, and in the context of New Testament Scripture, (1 Corinthians 10:11 KJV.)
Help me to repent from placing myself, other people, and things above You, (which is idolatry;) taking Your Name in vain, (which include dishonoring You in any way, my Lord;) all lies, [as Satan is the father of ALL lies, John 8:44;] bearing false witness against my neighbor, [all those who love and practice lies (and slander) will never go to heaven: Revelation 22:14-15;] being jealous of the lives and things of other people; committing emotional torment on other people, which Your Word says is emotional murder, (Jn. 3:15;) deception, fornication, adultery, theft, [etcetera,] to live a holy lifestyle in You according to the teachings of my Lord Jesus Christ. “Because You Are Holy, please help me to live holy from now on,” (1 Peter 1:16.) Please teach me all Your Scriptural, New Covenant ways, and help and guide me to be Your faithful, obedient disciple under all circumstances.
Heavenly Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I choose to reject all false teaching and renounce all false religion and false beliefs because I am now a born again child of the Most High, Most Holy God: the Creator of the universe. Please help me to always know Your voice and to follow You above all else, because You will always speak to me according to the entire truth of Your Word, the Bible, (Jn. 16:13-14.)
Thank You that I now, by faith, live spiritually in Your spiritual Kingdom of truth, light, eternal life, and Godly love, (1 Peter 2:9-10.) Thank You that Your Holy Spirit will lead me into “all truth,” (Gal. 4:6-7; Rom. 8:9-11.) Thank You that I am now Your blood-cleansed spiritual temple, (1 Cor. 6:15-20.) And thank You, Father, that the Holy Spirit constantly “abides in me,” as I already have His constant, full anointing or power inside me, (Jn. 16:13-18; 1 Jn. 2:20.)
Thank You also that You give me Your spiritual gifts “as You will;” and that You will always lead me to use them to glorify Your Name in everything I do, (1 Cor. 12:4-11.) Thank You that I am now part of Your spiritual royal priesthood, your HOLY nation, who minister to one another in the born again Body of Christ, and make disciples by preaching Your Gospel as you lead them to do, (1 Pt. 2:9-10; Mt. 28:18-20.)
In the Name of Jesus Christ I take captive every thought to bring my mind into obedience to You Alone, (2 Cor. 10:-5.)
Please give me the grace to worship You in “spirit and in truth” until You come to take me home, while You “complete the good work You began in me,” (2 Pt. 3:18; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:15-20; 2 Cor. 1:21-22.)
Please heavenly Father, always protect me under the blood-Covenant of Your Son Jesus Christ and let Your mighty, holy angels surround me, my loved ones, my entire life, and everything that pertains to it, (Heb. 1:14; Ps. 91.)
Thank you that you always hear and answer me, just because I am Your born again child by Your grace in Jesus Christ, (Eph. 5:30, King James Version.)
THE NEXT STEP OF OBEDIENCE TO JESUS: Repentance and the Biblical Water Baptism of Jesus’ Sincere Disciples